How to Apply
How To Apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa
The U.S. Embassy in Macedonia is pleased to announce changes to the nonimmigrant visa application and appointment process. Starting December 3, 2012, applicants will no longer be required to purchase a PIN number as part of the application process. Applicants must still pay the visa application fee (also known as the Machine Readable Visa or “MRV” fee), but we now offer more convenient options for paying the visa fee. We will also offer many convenient locations throughout Macedonia where applicants can pick up their visas.
Beginning December 3, 2012, the U.S. Embassy will provide services for visa information, appointments, and visa fee payment as follows:
- Complete visa information, MRV (visa fee) payment and appointment scheduling are available via three methods:
- Online at the new Web-site: http://usvisa-info.com
- Via telephone number (+389) 2 317 1042 in Macedonia or (703)439-2346 in the U.S.
- On Skype at usvisamacedonia
- The MRV fee (visa application fee) may be paid online or over the telephone, with a MasterCard or Visa credit card. It may also be paid in person in Macedonia at any Komercijalna Banka location using Denars or in Kosovo at any Raiffeisen Bank, using Euros. Applicants who wish to pay at a bank must first log on to http://usvisa-info.com to print a deposit slip.
- More convenient visa delivery: Applicants from Macedonia will now be able to pick up their visas at various locations throughout Macedonia. There is no additional charge for this service. Applicants from Kosovo will still pick up their visas at the U.S. Embassy.
To begin the process of applying for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa, applicants should go to http://usvisa-info.com or contact our Visa Information Service at the numbers listed above.
The telephone information service will be open for extended business hours from 7:00 to 21:00 local time, Monday through Friday. Regular business hours will resume after 60 days.
Please note than an online visa application must be completed and required visa application fees must be paid before an appointment can be scheduled.
It is our goal to ensure that applicants already in the scheduling process are not negatively affected by these changes. If you have already paid your MRV fee prior to December 3, 2012, but have not yet scheduled an appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the Embassy for Your Visa Application Interview:
- Bring the printed confirmation page from the DS-160.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please complete ALL information requested on the DS-160 application form. Married women must enter their maiden names in respond to the question regarding aliases or previous names. Questions regarding MONTHLY INCOME, EMAIL ADDRESS, MOTHER’S/FATHER’S SURNAME AND GIVEN NAME, MOTHER’S/FATHER’S DATE OF BIRTH etc. must be answered.
The U.S. Embassy recommends that EACH ADULT APPLICANT fill out the DS-160 personally. If your application will be filled out by a coworker, friend, agency, or other person, that person must directly ask you each of the requested items, including the security related background questions. The applicant is ALWAYS ultimately responsible for the accurate, truthful responses to each section of the DS-160.
Applicants with incomplete information or incorrect information may be required to correct their application or even be required to resubmit a new form, which will delay your visa issuance.
- Bring the additional documents to support your reason for travel and establishing your professional, financial and familial ties to your home country, such as verification of student status or employment, evidence of your financial resources, etc.
- Bring your passport — it must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned entry date into the United States.
For information on scheduling an emergency nonimmigrant visa appointment, please visit Expedited Visa Appointments page.
Instructions on DS-160 U.S. Visa Application Form. [pdf 1.97mb]
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.