- The U.S. Embassy Skopje is seeking an individual for the position of Youth Outreach and Education Coordinator at the Public Affairs Section, VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 009-13. (pdf 84kb)
Other Positions of Interest
- There are currently no vacancies.
OPEN TO: All Agencies - U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) ONLY
US Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) is an EFM who meets the following criteria:
- US Citizen; and,
- EFM at least 18 years old; and,
- Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:
- Resides at the sponsoring employee's or uniformed service member's post of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; or
- Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
The U.S. Embassy in Skopje, Macedonia places a high value on the recruitment and development of well-rounded and experienced staff who can meet its challenging and ever-changing organizational needs.
Eligible candidates may seek opportunities in one of a number of embassy departments based on background and career interests:
- Management and Operations Support
- Political, Peace and Security
- Information Technology
- Public Relations
- Safety and Security
Types of employment within the U.S. Mission Skopje, Macedonia
U.S. federal agencies represented at the Embassy Skopje fill direct-hire positions in the United States. Normally, American citizen fill direct-hire positions. The federal agencies currently represented at the Embassy Skopje are the U.S. Department of State (DOS), the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U. S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and the Peace Corps.
Employment and Internship Information
- Department of State Recruiting Careers.state.gov
- USAID employment page
- Department of Justice employment page
- Department of Defense
- Peace Corps Macedonia
These positions are all in Macedonia though the hiring office and the Human Resources Office. The Embassy's policy is to post all such vacancies on the Embassy website to ensure the widest distribution possible. Each announcement provides a description of the position, the required qualifications, the closing date for applications, and all application procedures. All locally hired positions require that the applicant currently be a permanent resident of Macedonia who is legally entitled to work.
Hiring policy allows us to only accept applicant materials for current vacancies.
Please remember that even though you may have applied for a position in the past, you must reapply when a new vacancy, for which you may qualify, is posted. We encourage you to continually monitor the employment section of our website for advertised opportunities and to apply for any positions in which you are interested.
Once all applications are received, they are rank-ordered according to the applicant's qualifications. The employing office then selects and conducts interviews with the most qualified applicants in conjunction with the Human Resources Office, and then selects the best candidate for the position. All interviewed candidates are notified of the final status of their application.
Please note that if you are selected for a position within the Embassy, you will be required submit to and receive an Embassy Security Clearance and Medical Clearance as a condition of your employment. You will also provide documentation to support your legal right to work in the Republic of Macedonia.
The Embassy encourages equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment for all without regard to political affiliation, race, color, religion, national origin, sex marital status, age, or handicapping condition.
To apply for a position (except for USAID and Peace Corps positions), please complete the Application for Federal Employment DS-174 or send your resume/CV to:
E-mail: ApplicationS@state.gov or
Send your CV by post to:
Human Resources Office
American Embassy Skopje
Str. "Samoilova" Nr.21
Republic of Macedonia
Application for Federal Employment: DS-174
- Download - DS-174 [pdf 350kb]
- Download - DS-174 [WORD 257kb]
- Read the Application Instructions [WORD 61.5kb]
Please Note Embassy Skopje thanks all applicants for their interest in employment with the American Embassy, Skopje. However, because of the high volume of applications received, we are unfortunately unable to respond individually to each applicant. Please know that we carefully review each and every application.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.